El día Friday, October 03, 2008 a las 01:34:10PM -0400, Charles Pax escribió:

> On 10/3/08, Matthias Apitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I own the FR gadget now for 2-3 weeks, I think, and I'm so happy with it
> > and I use it in daily work as I did with my normal cellphone, a BenQ
> > Siemens S68, which I have returned already because I think the FR is
> > stable enough for me;
> >
> > I can do what I want with it:
> >
> > - I can SSH to the Linux and install or change what I feel fitting for
> > me or missing there;
> > - for me Wifi works now as it should;
> > - for me GPRS and PPPD together with my smaller laptop (a eeePC 900 on
> > which I have installed FreeBSD 7.0) let me go to Internet; I can use
> > the FR like a normal router box to Internet;
> >
> > and
> >
> > - I can even make phone calls and write SMS to my love
>

> Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you write a little about what
> distrobution you're using and what problems you had to overcome to get
> things working the way you want?

Here you can find my step-by-step guide which puts together known stuff
from various Wiki pages and own scripts I wrote:

http://www.unixarea.de/openmoko.txt

comments/improvements are always welcome; and this was the result
yesterday: my small laptop connected to Internet with FR as the a GPRS
router to Internet:

http://www.unixarea.de/20081003-173025.jpg

Great stuff this FR!!!

        matthias