So now we can install stuff from OPKG (ssh to your phone and then copy
the link from opkg.org and then opkg install
http://www.opkg.org/asdasdasdasdasd.ipk) or from the community repo
(opkg install asdasdasd)

At the moment I don't see these connected. On Freerunner I can't see
me going to okpg.org to search for new cool software and then click
the link on the mobile browser to download the file and then use CLI
or some graphical installer tool (is there any around?). I don't even
know if the browsers support downloading..

I think it's great that opkg.org gives the applications more
visibility: user doesn't have to see previous releases, number of svn
revisions for this release and so on. Find the software you want,
click and install is what's needed.

So to make this useful on Freerunner (not only desktop)

we need a web browser that's able to open .ipk links with an installer
or
the .ipk files in opkg.org are useless and people install stuff from
community repos (unless there will be an opkg repository)

What do you think?