Lorn Potter wrote:
> A better place for stuff needed for a particular modem, would be in the
> phone vendor plugin. That's what its there for. Not to defray this
> patch, but this is very calypso specific, and not part of the GSM spec.
> (although any other modem would most likely just spit out an error)

Yes, I assumed something like that.
I've looked at the ficgta01 phonevendor sources but didn't find
a method that is called on every initiated call where I could
put those two lines.
This patch is only meant as a temporary bugfix until some more
experienced qtopia programmer (maybe you? ;)) finds a better
place for the echo suppression lines.