Hello,

2008/12/18 The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>:

> here is where i'd disagree. i can walk down my street in sydney - 100% of wifi
> spots are locked (wep/wpa etc.) - no one opens them. yopur choice is "spotty"
> wifi hotspots you have to pay for. [...]

I experience the very same situation here on the other side of the
world. There are lots of closed wifi access points. Therefore I add
another sign to the 3G sign:

 Add a fat DSP to GTA03

Lets add another information layer to open street map, containing
discovered or already-tried-but-failed wpa-keys. Then each gta03
synchronize with the current state of your home town and start trying
some new keys in the neighbourhood as we walk around.

kind regards
Andras