On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:18:27 -0600, "The Digital Pioneer"
<digitalpion...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Helge Hafting <helge.haft...@hist.no>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for working on this.
>> I tried this new enlightenment on top of SHR.
>> It looks good and starts quickly, but unfortunately I can't use it.
>>
>> Problems:
>> * None of the SHR phone apps works. Dialer, Contacts, Messages all fail
>>   with segmentation faults now. So I have to revert, because I need
>>   the phone.
>>
>> * quite a few apps show with blank icons. No big deal because the
>>   name is still there. Probably just some path problem - that I could
>>   fix myself if it weren't for the phone-app problems.
>>
>> Rebooting the phone didn't change anything. I'll revert for now.
>
> I'm having exactly the same issues. :( I notice, however, that the phone
> apps work from SSH. Just not from GUI. Anyone know how to revert the
> icons,
> and/or have any idea why the phone apps segfault when launched from GUI
> now?
> For me, the segfaulting apps are Alarm, Dialer, Contacts, and Messages.
> All
> 4 can be run from SSH without a problem.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> The Digital Pioneer

Something those failing apps ALL have in common:  Elementary.  Not an
answer, but hopefully a useful clue.  Might be a problem relating to
/usr/share/elementary/themes - the edj file they all use for their visual
appearance lives there.  Or it might simply be an incompatibility between
the already-installed Elementary and the new E17, requiring a newly-build
Elementary to match.  I've installed this E17 build under 2008.12 in my
NAND, will try it under SHR on uSD later tonight or tomorrow and see what I
see.

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)