On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Chris Syntichakis wrote:
> I know the "low handset volume" is mentioned on the wiki too, but is there
> any patch/solution?
> I out the alsa setting to 127 (the high value) but I am not too happy...

The reason for there not being a patch is that everyone's preferences are
different. You need to adjust the settings in the appropriate state file
(gsmhandset.state for phone calls) to get settings you are happy with. Angus
Ainslie's pymixer should help you with that if you don't want to use a text
editor.

I think 2008.12 added a volume slider to the phone gui that uses an extra
volume control in the gsm chipset, so that might help if you are using that
distro.