El día Tuesday, February 03, 2009 a las 02:35:06PM +0100, DJDAS escribió:

> Matthias Apitz ha scritto:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is anybody using UMTS connections with the FR based on USB connected
> > modem devices like the USB HSDPA Huawei E220 one? Any other ideas as
> > devices? Thx
> >
> >     matthias
> >
> Yes, I do and it works pretty well (not considering battery drain ;) )
> You can find some informations here [1]. I'm sorry they're in Italian as
> they're some little guidelines to achieve HSDPA connection given to a
> forum user, I hadn't time yet to put up a how-to, but just following the
> scripts and using an automatic translator should help you. :)
> P.S. where you see FDTF consider it a distro built onto an FDOM version
> of September  with some customizations (themes, some progs and Italian
> keyboards) so consider it an FDOM ;)
> Have fun!
> Bye!
>
> [1] http://forum.telefoninux.org/index.php/topic,1035.msg10579.html#msg10579

Thanks for the pointer. I do Spanish and so I can read the page. :-)
Your modem is as well Huawei E220? I have had one borrowed by Vodafone
and it worked well on my FreeBSD laptop too; but I was asked to return
it :-(

do you have an idea where to buy one in EU without a contract of UMTS? I have
an UMTS SIM but only a PCMCIA card :-(

is there any way to use something like an USB-splitter to connect the
USB of the FR to the modem and at the same time to a laptop?

        matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH