Hi,

I am almost certain that that is not a paroli error.

See more comments below:

Arigead wrote:

> Ok now I've got Paroli up and running and removed the test stuff from
> the config file. I'll cut and paste the output to the terminal windown.
> I've basically selected Tele, the only app in the list and get the
> following output. I'll have a look at it later on. One thing is that
> later on the coverage display on the top does change to show my coverage
> but it's down as "No Service". Selecting "Tele" after the first time
> does nothing and produces no more output. Paroli seems to be a bit away
> from daily use in my case :-(
>
> John
>
> paroli-launcher.py 70 Launcher INFO     adding - Tele to launcher
> paroli-launcher.py 108 Launcher INFO     False
> paroli-launcher 284 root     INFO     starting mainloop
> gsm.py 181 GSM      INFO     Check antenna power
> gsm.py 183 GSM      INFO     antenna power is 0
> gsm.py 186 GSM      INFO     turn on antenna power
> gsm.py 173 GSM      INFO     register on the network

OK here we go ;)

> gsm.py 177 GSM      ERROR    Error :
> org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.Timeout: device did not answer within 30
> seconds
> tasklet.py 121 tasklet  ERROR    Got error from unconnected tasklet :
> org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.Timeout: device did not answer within 30
> seconds

This means paroli tried to connect to the framework but did not get an
answer to its register request.

Together with what you mentioned above :
"One thing is that later on the coverage display on the top does change
to show my coverage but it's down as "No Service"."

It seems as if the framework simply cannot conenct to the network. Could
you paste the framework.log as well?

Or even better open a ticket on

http://www.paroli-project.org/trac/

And paste both logs there.