On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:57:27AM +0500, Shaz wrote:
>  Hi everyone,
>
> I need some guidance on uSD cards because i tried a few locally available to
> my town but none are working. My understanding is that its the quality or I
> am making a mistake in compatibility.
>
> I need some help in understanding this issue. If there are known to be
> working SD cards then I would order from some other place if not available
> locally.

   I bought an 8 GB speed class 4 SanDisk card marked 0732502849DZG (in very
small letters - bring a magnifying glass to the shop). It came bundled with
a combined MicroSDHC and M2 card reader with USB connector. I've had the
card for about two months with a Debian installation and it works fine with
u-boot (as shipped in NOR and NAND flash) and kernel versions 2.6.24 and
andy-tracking 2.6.28. No boot parameters required.

   There were two different SanDisk packages of an 8 GB card and a USB card
reader I could choose from. According to the salesman the differences were
only in the packaging. But anyway, the one I bought has 80-13-02494 printed
at the bottom of each page of the user guide. The barcode on the back of the
package reads 6 1965904025 3 with SDSDQR-8192-E12M printed above it and
80-56-04874-8192 printed below it.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen