I think, the following page explains more about the video's they produce.

http://it-republik.de/zonen/portale/psecom,id,99,news,39646,.html

Sorry german.

They state about the consum and the advertising of the companies to consume
more and more. (A mobile phone is out dated after 1-2 years)

So after that time you *may* do the same with your device, if the company doesn't offer
any useful upgrade or the like.

In contrast to this, openmoko gives us the opportunity to keep using the phone. This is simply because we have access to the software and even to the hardware.

We don't need to trash our phone into the bin, because we got a new one, it's open so we can reuse it for what ever (servo remote control, remoko, navigation only, ...)

I had fun with that video, because I am not that fan of iPhone, it's closed, you only could
develop in intel based Mac OS X - as my last information.

An advertisement could point that out by visually 'cite' that video and state, our phone is
even usable if retired :-)

Lothar