c_c wrote:
> Hi,
>   The freerunner and 1973 have only 2 buttons. While the power button is
> being used for suspend and for switching off, the 'AUX' button seems under
> utilised. I was wondering whether there could be a method added to FSO that
> allowed overloading of this button based on the context. For eg :-
>
> 1.   Under normal circumstances (not in a call or app - that could change
> this usage), the button could be used for selecting between 3 brightness
> settings in rotation.
>
> 2.   In a call - it could be used for selecting between 3 volume settings in
> rotation.
>
> 3.   Apps could define how to use it themselves for eg : a media player
> could use this button to go to the next song in one press / go to the
> previous song in two presses.

We will actually make use of the aux button in paroli, to open a small
settings app and change the sound settings while in call.

>   Is is possible to do this via rules? Any further thoughts? Is there
> another way to do this?

We listen to the dbus signal coming from the framework (sry only python):

bus = dbus.SystemBus(mainloop=tichy.mainloop.dbus_loop)
             input_dev = bus.get_object('org.freesmartphone.odeviced',
'/org/freesmartphone/Device/Input')
             self.input_intf = dbus.Interface(input_dev,
'org.freesmartphone.Device.Input')
             self.input_intf.connect_to_signal('Event',
self._on_button_press)

/mirko