Helge Hafting <helge.haft...@hist.no> writes:
> Paul wrote:
>> Almost sounds as if you do not push the headset connector in far enough.
>
> I think there is something wrong with the FR headset socket.
> I have tried several headsets as well as several converter plugs for
> those headsets that have the bigger plugs.
>
> If I push the plug all the way in, I get sound in one channel only. Pull
> it a litle out, and I get nice stereo. Pull it some more out, and I get
> a very weak stereo. (Possibly missing the ground connection, so the two
> channels connect in series?) Pull further out, and weird things happens,
> sound in left only or right only, or perhaps the main speaker wakes
> up.

Looks like you're trying to use incompatible 3-ring
adapter/headphones. Obviously that won't work.

The right pinout of FR's receptable is:
tip: MIC
RIGHT
LEFT
GND

If you fully push a regular 3-ring jack in the socket, you'll have MIC
input connected to your left headphone, RIGHT output to the right
headphone and you'll short LEFT to GND by the base of your
jack. Obviously if you pull it a little, you'll have your left
headphone connected to the RIGHT output, your right headphone to the
LEFT, and a proper ground connection.

Use only properly wired 4-ring jack!

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com