On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors
<timo.lindf...@iki.fi>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tom <t...@stosb.com> writes:
> > please make sure to send me bug reports/ideas/patches.
>
> I did not test this yet but here are my comments based on reading the
> source tarball:
>
> * Thanks for using autotools. It helps a lot that simple autoreconf -i
>  && ./configure && make && make install works and DESTDIR and
>  --prefix are respected.
>
> * Code has comments, way to go! :-)
>
> * #define GLADE_FILE "/usr/share/callrec/callrec.glade" is hardcoded
>   to source code and does not respect --prefix. This means I can not
>   install callrec as normal user to my home directory.

I know, should be fixed, thanks for reminding me.

> * There's a stray \r in the end of callrec.c

Thanks.

> * Please consider making the state.patch with "diff -u" so that it has
>  context.
>
> 19,20c19,20
> <               value.0 0
> <               value.1 0
> ---
> >               value.0 195
> >               value.1 195
>
> is not very readable since you don't know what control it is
> changing.

I know, i already changed this locally, forgot to up it to public svn. doing
it now.

> * There are three state files but only one patch. Which statefile is
>  the patch for? If you have time it would be nice to have some
>  discussion on what each control does. Does this program record both
>  parties of the conversation in the same channel or are they recorded
>  as different channels?

it is stated in the wiki, each side gets a channel. furthermore, them same
as for the patch type,
I already changed that.
state.patch was used (without context) because I wanted to try and make "a
global patch", though this
didn't go as well as I expected, so I changed it.

> * The only license to distribute gartoon redux icon theme 1.7 is GPL
>  version 2:
>
> "This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> the Free Software Foundation; version 2 dated June, 1991."
>
> This might be a problem for your GPLv3 or later application. However,
> note that version 1.8 gives you a license to distribute it under later
> versions too:
>
> "* Change license to GPL v2 or later."

Thanks, I didn't notice that, I just had it lying around so I used it . ;]