W.Kenworthy wrote:
> Configurable, configurable, ...
>
> Everyones use case is different! - I usually wake with the click and
> display glow when the FR comes out of suspend, even before the alarm
> starts to sound, so I find the very low start fine as do the rest of the
> household (see next).
>
> I would also like to have a setting to remove the puzzle as I cant even
> see the buttons, let alone the tiny numbers without glasses.  Ended up
> hacking the code to remove it and print a large "ACK" on the first
> button as the puzzle makes the FR unusable as an alarm clock (you DO
> have to be able to turn the alarm off before it wakes the rest of the
> household you know :)

Maybe a config setting? The puzzle is kind of cool, it means I have to
be awake enough to push the buttons in sequence. As opposed to turning a
regular alarm clock off without actually waking up. And then oversleep. :-(

> Colours for the clock display - I changed mine to a dim amber - much
> better in a dark room.  Also, does the green cause problems for the
> colour blind? (something to think about) - but the green is much better
> in daylight.  Again, would be nice if its both configurable and/or
> selectable from the display.

Colors are not a problem for the color blind, if there is sufficient
intensity contrast. I.e. combine dark green with bright red or
vice-versa. Varying the blue intensity also helps, as most color blind
only are red-green blind. They usually see the difference between blue
and the reddish-green.

Helge Hafting