Many thanks for all your input ...
I had noticed already by going through the opimd code / db scheme that the
selection of fields is dynamic.

However, I think there is really a need to agree upon a common set of
attributes (maybe "core" attributes), which are supported.

With the contacts-shr support for opimd (some additional phone-gui packacke, I
recently installed - which, by the way, is not working for me yet due to some
import error), it could be interesting, which fields are used in there (well,
that will be from my point of view the most frequently used contacts app in the
end) ...

>From my experiences with developing PISI as a contact sync engine, I realized
>that fields "out there" are really different - e.g.:
- LDAP (with different schemes; for Contacts use additional mozilla scheme)
- VCF-Files (vcard)
- DB-Structures (e.g. QTopia)

There is a "standard" available for PIM synchronization by OMA called SynML
(http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/affiliates/syncml/syncmlindex.html). If
you look at it, they use vcard (vcf) as well for carrying the content. VCard is
a standard - so it might be worthwile to take a deeper look in which fields
they are using and how they structure the content. (http://www.imc.org/pdi/)

Mike

-------- Original-Nachricht --------