arne anka wrote:
> a long time ago i was one time able to do some kind of route planning.
> then, there was a way to select the country i am in.
>
> but ever since then, this selection is not available anymore, navit
> plainly assumes i am in denmark and there's no way, to tell it off.
> since i use en_DK as locale, navit apparently blindly believes the locale
> should be trusted (what with those having C or en_US? does navit presume
> they are in the us?).
>
> gui is internal, map is a cloudscape bin file for europe, and local, as
> said, en_DK.
>
> btw: is there a way to set the _start_ point? it seems kind of an
> exaggeration, that my current position must necessarily be my starting
> point, even more so, when no gps signal is available atm and thus no
> current position is available.
> as far as i can see, the navit wiki does not cover any of these issues.

Hi Arne,

If you remove ~/.navit/center.txt the  <navit center=" tag from
~/.navit/navit.xml is used.
You can also touch the screen and in settings, set that point as your
current position.
Great for route planning at your desktop, without the need for a gps
with a fix !

You can start navit with a different locale, just type "LANG=C navit"
 but then the gui is also in that locale.
Also in the destination dialog, you can set the country. I am not using
the internal gui, but i remeber there is an option for it.

Please feel free to enhance the wiki, so it will help more people with
the same questions.

Kind regards,
Ed