Hi Rui,

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 12:00:17PM +0200, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
>> On 8/22/09, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <r...@1407.org> wrote:
>>> Yesterday night I did about 350 Km of scanning, and the phone was
>>> plugged to an USB car charger I bought (from TuxBrain). Unfortunately,
>>> even though the phone was in charging mode, it seems that while using
>>> the GPS is wastes more battery than the charger can give it, so even though
>>> it lasted longer, somewhere near the end the phone just powered off.

Surprising. With obm running, my FR charges, when plugged into my car.
As another response states, maybe your charger brings less power than
mine...

>>> Is there a way to recover the logging that was done and maybe upload it,
>>> or is it all on RAM and tough luck for me?
>> Just open openBmap and click "Upload". Logs are splitten into smaller
>> files, you'll probably lost only really small part of your logging
>> near end.

That's correct. The only thing that could happen, is that the power was
lost during a log file being written (one file usually represents about
5 minutes of logging, but your mileage may vary depending on the density
of the area you are in). This would leave a truncated file. But even
though, you should be able to upload it. I guess the server would accept
it, but then ditch it because malformed. But I am not sure here. Anyway,
all the other files are located in $HOME/.openBmap/Logs. And are ready
for upload.

> Ah, good, I feared they were just in memory. Anyways, sniffing around the
> files I saw that the maximum GPS speed for logging was 150. erms... I may
> have lost some logging...

:-D No comments ;-)

> Anyone knows if can I freely change this value? <:)

This one is free to change. Nevertheless, we consider that above this,
the GPS position becomes inaccurate. Thus we fear this brings only low
quality data.

Onen