On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 09:21:10PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/9/14 Paul Fertser <fercer...@gmail.com>:
> > Read all the details at [1] and to try it on your devices, simply do:
> >
> > mkdir /debug
> > mount -t debugfs none /debug
> > echo NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS > /debug/sched_features
>
> how often, if at all, will this get returned to the default value?
>
> every reboot?

Yes.

> has it been overwritten already, by a reboot? it looks like it has

I added the following to /etc/fstab:

debug                   /debug          debugfs auto

Then I added a script to activate it as soon as possible:

r...@om-gta02 ~ $ cat /etc/rc5.d/S02debugfs
#! /bin/sh
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

if [ -f /debug/sched_features ] ; then
        echo NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS > /debug/sched_features
fi

So now I have:

r...@om-gta02 ~ $ cat /debug/sched_features
NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS NORMALIZED_SLEEPER WAKEUP_PREEMPT START_DEBIT
AFFINE_WAKEUPS CACHE_HOT_BUDDY SYNC_WAKEUPS NO_HRTICK NO_DOUBLE_TICK ASYM_GRAN
LB_BIAS LB_WAKEUP_UPDATE ASYM_EFF_LOAD NO_WAKEUP_OVERLAP LAST_BUDDY

Rui