Now I am really straying OT, but now that I have followed the make and
make install steps for nided and modprobe for uinput, I seem to have
hosed my mythtv frontend which boots through to X but then sits there
waiting and never brings up the main myth menu and no longer responds
to my usb attached mouse or keyboard. Anyway won't bore this group and
I'll go an debug what's up or take it to mythtv group.

cheers Denis