Hi,
  Well, I was experimenting with webview in order to embed widgets in
launcher - and so ended up making a browser (like eve) but using elementary
and with finger scrolling.
  I'm hoping someone can help me use an edje file for layout - my edje
knowledge isn't all that great. I'm looking at getting the lower button /
url bar (cum progressbar) as an edje widget. I'm open to ideas - if people
aren't tired of giving some :)
  I was looking at a semi-transparent button in the lower left corner of the
browser that indicates % progress as the page gets loaded. On clicking the
button - a menu comes up that provides all the other functions - bookmarks,
zooming etc. Maybe the back and fwd button can be here - or use some
gestures on the main screen.
  I'll add the patch to eve to get finger scrolling soon.

  Here is the code (not yet on a repository) and the .bb file for those
interested. Works on latest shr-u.

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4280656/browser.tar.bz2 browser.tar.bz2
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4280656/browser_1.0-r0.4_armv4t.ipk
browser_1.0-r0.4_armv4t.ipk