I received and unpacked my surplus FreeRunner box weeks ago, but have
not tested my surplus FreeRunners until today.  Since all my FreeRunners
look the same, I labelled my first FreeRunner (the one I (try to) use as
my daily phone) 0, then my surplus FRs 1 - 5 inclusive.

Note:  my surplus FRs were tested with only the AC adapter connected (I
used the same AC adapter for all my surplus FRs):  no batteries, SIM
cards, nor microSD(HC) cards were installed.

Here are my test results:

FR #1: No end user-visible signs of life. :(

FR #2: Will not boot without AUX.  Booted U-Boot from NOR, then booted
Debian (?) from NAND until it hung with an “Aborted” line after
successfully starting avahi-daemon. :(  A known-good bootable
microSD(HC) card would probably be useful here.

FR #3: Will not boot without AUX.  Booted U-Boot from NOR, then booted
Om 2008 (?) from NAND.  Could not get display to come on again after the
suspend timeout. :(

FR #4:  This is the only GSM 900 of my 6 total FRs.  Will not boot
without AUX.  I sense a pattern here:  does booting without AUX require
a battery?  Anyway, booted U-Boot from NOR, then booted SHR from NAND.
Hardware appears to work, but many GUI apps hang.  Maybe they assume a
SIM card is installed?

FR #5: Will not boot without AUX.  Booted U-Boot from NOR, then started
booting some Koolu image (Android?) from NAND, then hung or the boot
time exceeded my patience (the Koolu screen never changed.).

Conclusion:  Not too exciting. :P  I will put my surplus FRs away again
and return to trying to make QtMoko v18 on FR #0 less unusable. :(  The
more I (try to) use my FR (#0), the more attractive the N900 looks.