I'm interested in taking a look at Android...

1. The installation instructions seem to involve both a full SD card
(which will be completely overwritten) and flashing the NAND.  What I
don't understand is whether the SD card is only needed during
installation, or if the same SD card needs to stay in the phone
afterwards, when booting Android from NAND.

2. I understand that the Android installation flashes a modified
version of the Qi bootloader.  Can this modified version still boot
other distributions, in particular Debian?

Basically the situation is that I want to keep Debian (on SD) as my
main distribution, but have Android in NAND for trying out.  I have
another SD card (512Mb) that I can use just for the Android install,
but after that I'd like to put the Debian SD card back in.

Thanks for any answers and advice!

    Neil