On Sun, 20 Mar 2011, Christoph Pulster wrote:

Pulster - Wikireader with 8 GB card - 109 eur
Medion  - Wikireader with 4 GB card - 80 eur
A 16 GB microSD card is 19 eur. This pushes me out of business.

This is an opensource community where people work and help together. So I'd vote to buy the next WR from pulster and not from conrad and give him the 9 EUR to keep his nice shop running. BTW: After your third order you will get a barrel of red wine from him for christmas!
This is (almost) true, as I experienced it myself.

What I do not understand is, why you focus on online markets.
Here in Germany Medion sells via conrad.de - a mayor electronic online
shop.  The Wikireader is a classical offline device aimed to non-
computer geeks. Some educational projects of developing countries should
be the right address.

Politically yes, economically maybe not.
conrad is a man's toy shop and many people buy things simply because they can have it, not because they need it. The One Laptop Per child project imo suffers from the same idea. If they would offer their product to the mass market, they would sell much more and finally could drop their price this way for developing countries.

(But I'm not a business man...)

Alex.