People,

Could someone enlighten me about how messages work on the FreeRunner with QtMoko v35?

Since I switched to QtMoko, I had accumulated about 80 sent messages and about 70 incoming messages. I had set up symlinks for /root and /home/root to dirs in /media/card and had been backing up these dirs to my desktop. On the weekend I started getting errors when I tried to delete messages - something about "no space or another application using the dir". There was no shortage of disk space (53% on the root partition and, coincidentally, 53% on the SD card) but after some effort, I gave trying to work out what was wrong and reflashed v35, restored symlinks to the SD dirs etc but only a few of my old messages are displaying - is it possible to restore them somehow from backup? Why did most of the old ones disappear?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades