Tks. I am thinking to try my hand at souping up the performance a bit on my OM. If I have any success I will advise. Some aspects of the program design made tangogps a little inconvenient for me.

Getting the libraries set up is my current activity so that I can get a build environment going.

Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindf...@iki.fi> writes:>> "Iain B. Findleton" <ifindle...@videotron.ca>
writes:> > Anybody have info on what happened to tangogps or who is maintaining> > it these days? I am having rouble
building it with the OM tool chain.> > You might want to switch to foxtrotgps, which is fork of tangogps. It> has a bug
tracker, public Vcs, IRC channel
Yes :)
and is also in debian and ubuntu.
and Gentoo, and SHR (and their upstream, OpenEmbedded, I think),and the FreeBSD
Ports collection--and possibly elsewhere;those are just the systems shipping it
that I know about(if anyone knows of someone else shipping it, let us know--
I'd like to maintain a list of places where pre-built [and pre-integrated]
packages are available).
I don't know what's happening with tango--Marcus does seem to have`fallen off
the map', so to speak.
Iain, if you have any suggestions, criticisms, patches, or othercontributions
that you can offer, we'd love to hear it :)I try to keep the FoxtrotGPS bzr
history as orderly as possible,so Marcus and anyone else should be able to pick
any specificimprovements out from it for tangoGPS if they want.
-- "Don't be afraid to ask (λf.((λx.xx) (λr.f(rr))))."