Hi Michael

Well I for one would like a smartphone with completely open software - if an
open implementation of baseband code also led to an improvement in user
experience on the freerunner, that would be a bonus. Like you, I'm not too
concerned about rules imposed on us by large corporations, if the code is good,
they will not know their rules are being broken.

I can understand that the calypso currently is the best chance to achieve this;
it is nice to imagine this will be done and then act like a trojan to open the
gates wide for other projects.

I've no knowledge of how to code directly to hardware, so I'm never going to be
more than a bystander, at least not until the stage was reached where testing
could be done. I have no clue whether what you say, about people in the free
software camp witholding code/information from you is a fact. As I bystander,
if it were true it is dissappointing, although I think you have gone about this
in a very sub-optimal way and that you should step back and consider how to
approach people who may (or indeed may not) be able to help you.

Best wishes
--
David Matthews
m...@dmatthews.org