On 04/28/2012 11:52 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
It has become a little quiet here in the last weeks so that I
really fear about the spirit and status of this community.

So what are your dreams with respect to open mobile handhelds?
What would you like as future hardware? What to see in software
distros? Anything else? What missing piece are you waiting for?

If we exchange these ideas it may be possible that we all
work together (with smaller and bigger contributions - everyone
as he/she likes) to fulfill them...

Otherwise I guess we have just to consume what Apple, Samsung,
MS-Nokia and others are confronting us with in the next years.
May it be open or closed as they like.

Or is this where we see our future? Or am I completely wrong in my impression?

Phew - a lot of questions and so early in the morning :)

Nikolaus

Hi Nikolaus,

Well, in my case I'm waiting to finally get my hands on one :).
And then contributing with bug hunting, etc...

What I dream of: GTA04 + SHR + Integrated SIP client + WiFi + OpenVPN.
So far Android has let me down in this respect, which is directly related to it not being as "open" as people think...

Benedikt