Bob Ham <r...@settrans.net> writes:

> On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 09:26 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> * I think it will need 1-2 weeks until we finally know and they have
>> production ramped up
>
> Do we know whether the GTA04 group tour units have production ramped up?
> We could do with them here in the UK right now..
>
> http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/public-sector/3357807/met-police-uses-quick-mobile-data-extraction-system-against-suspects/
>
> :-)

In the current policing and surveillance climate, it might be in GTA04
owners' interest to develop something that _appears_ to co-operate with
that extraction software.  Better for an officer on the road to see some
quick harmless results, than to be confronted with an unknown and so
probably terrorist device that their software can't understand.

     Neil