Am 16.06.2012 um 12:06 schrieb Simon Busch:

> Am 15.06.2012 21:34, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>> FSF has set up a new PowerVR SGX reverse engineering project
>> proposed by Luke K.C. Leighton.
>>
>> Since we have such a GPU in our GTA04 SoC (DM3730), I think there
>> may be some interest here on this list to support this effort.
>>
>> The goal is to write free and open replacement drivers and firmware
>> and maybe do fancy stuff with the GPU shader cores (signal and
>> image processing).
>>
>> The mailing list is here:

> The mailinglist is closed already cause of a possible lawsuit. Let me quote
> Bob Ham:

No need to worry. Lawsuits are always possible, independently of what you do.
Even if you do nothing :)

Then, you may have to fight for years to finally prove that your work has been
legal. I think it is just a precaution to reduce the low risk to almost zero.

> > The GNU lawyers have apparently stated that this PowerVR reverse
> > engineering project should not be hosted by the GNU project (on
> > savannah.nongnu.org) as there is a risk of the GNU project being the
> > subject of a lawsuit.  Yay for lawyers!
> >
> > Unfortunately, that means this mailing list is now closing.  I
> > apologise for the inconvenience.

There will be another one soon on a different gnu host,
i.e. the project is neither dead nor closed nor under any risk,
as long as we stay to the permanently changing rules of
reverse engineering [1].

BR,
Nikolaus

[1]: