I guess one could split the whole thing in three parts so it would be adaptable
to both qtmoko and shr. I can only program in python and may add a sqlite data
base. having read a bit more about triangulation, the task will be much more
difficult than I though, but one will see. the three parts of the program could
be somewhat like:

1) get cell id and neighbour cell ids
   SHR) via FSO
QtMoko) ?

2) python script + sqlite db
   compare cells to cells in database select the relevant ones and their
position
   apply some function to estimate the real position

3A) display position
   SHR) maybe via foxtrot-gps
QtMoko) NeronGPS if possible

3B) create some sort of fake NMEA and alter navit.xml to read from there
    (as far as I remember navit can take quite a lot of sources, so this might
    be an option for both SHR and QtMoko

br

robin