Radek Polak <pson...@seznam.cz> writes:

> On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:29:35 PM Neil Jerram wrote:
>
>> Hi Radek,
>>
>> With current git master (well, actually 052d8d852), I don't see the
>> progress bar moving when I play a piece of music in the media player.
>> Do you?
>
> I dont either. The gstreamer looks quite unfinished yet. But it shouldnt be
> that hard. You can take insipration how to do it in phonon - it does nearly
> the same that we do, e.g. qwidgetvideosink.cpp is nearly the same as our
> gstreamerqtopiavideosink.cpp etc..
>
> If you would like to take a look at it, it would be nice.

Sure, I will do that.

>> I wondered if this might be connected with using the '#ifndef
>> QT_NO_GLIB' implementation of gstreamerbushelper.cpp.  The '#ifdef
>> QT_NO_GLIB' appears to have support for reporting progress, by emitting
>> the message() signal with a null message, but I don't see any equivalent
>> of that in the '#ifndef QT_NO_GLIB' implementation.
>
> It's very likely that the gstreamer was tested and implement for the
> QT_NO_GLIB variant.
>
> We are now using glib event loop (same as X11-qt) - this is needed e.g. for
> html5 videos. If there is simple way to add this to our glib ifdef then it
> would be great.

Thanks, that's good to know.

By the way, I am also making gradual progress on the "Draft Message"
problem, which is to do with the QMailMessage::Incoming flag being
incorrectly reset on some messages.  It affects email as well as SMS,
and I think it's timing dependent because it doesn't every incoming
message.

Regards,
        Neil