On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<h...@goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 24.08.2013 um 18:11 schrieb Lukas Märdian:
>
>> Am 24.08.2013 17:36, schrieb Sebastian Krzyszkowiak:
>>> I've also created quick draft by myself: http://dosowisko.net/gta04/
>
> Wow, that looks good! Almost like a kickstarter project page :)

Thanks :)

BTW, I'm constantly updating it with some details. If some of you
checked it out early, you might want to do it again. I replaced some
styles from default theme with customized ones (color of buttons
etc.), added links and other stuff like that.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Nick <openmoko-commun...@njw.me.uk> wrote:
> I'm not sure about the text about ethics of manufacturing - while it
> is assembled in Germany, the components are sourced from factories
> with potentially similar working conditions to other phones, they
> use materials that are sourced in horrible ways and conditions, and
> so on.

I'm aware of that and I think it's still worth mentioning. Of course
we're using parts manufactured in a way we don't have control, but
this way we can go too deep. You know, Goldelico and factory workers
may use gasoline that was extracted in bad ways to get themselves to
work ;) But at least we can ensure that what we do and what we can
control is done in ethically proper way. And that's something we can
be proud of (or, actually, Golden Delicious, as that's their
achievement ;)).

I'm more worried about suggestions for buying and ordering over the
page. We should think about describing our situation (you know, train
waiting for green lights ;)) in a way that will be informative and
true, but at the same time won't scary people ("ouch, another preorder
fraud, nothing to see here"). I have some fancy slider in mind that
would show estimated price depending on demand, but I'm open for
different ideas.

And one more thing: I'd be very grateful if some native speaker would
check what I wrote on the page. I'm not confident enough about my
English skills - they might be good enough for communication, but
probably not for marketing purposes :)

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak, dos
http://dosowisko.net/