Am 22.11.2013 23:23, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:

> Am 22.11.2013 um 15:46 schrieb Pascal Gosselin:
>

>> What about GPS specifications ?  My company would have interest in multiple
>> units if the GPS chip was capable of 5Hz or greater updates.  Recent GPS
>> chipsets all seem to have GPS/GLONASS capability, which is very nice to have.
>
> I think we can not easily change to use something different than the WSG0084
> using a Sirf IV.
> Unfortunately, the latest datasheet still isn't telling anything about the
> max. update rate and any updates in the firmware:

On page 15 it says: "3: Defined as current drawn during continuous
operation at a 10Hz update rate." Could this be a hint, that the module
can actually operate at a max. update rate of 10Hz?

Is there any GTA04 board, which already has a W2SG0084i installed? If
so, we could try to query/set the output rate according to chap. 5 "NMEA
Input Messages", using the message ID 103. Also chap. 6.2 "OSP Input
Messages" look interesting, especially message 0x81.

Cheers,
  Lukas