Hi,

On 12/29/2013 01:22 PM, dmatthews.org wrote:
hi Joif

Hello everybody
I took advantage of the holidays and I made a new SVG keyboard, cute,

Thanks! IMO this is exactly the one main thing qtmoko has been missing. I'd
suggest this should be included as standard, at least as an option.

I agree that this looks pretty nice.

Personally, I might have gone the other direction with the transparency level, but that's probably just a personal preference thing.

This does suggest a neat solution to an issue I faced with the Norwegian layout I've been working on (that sort of stalled out) - we use the Alt Gr key (right Alt) as a third-level shift key to access some characters (including somewhat common ones like @), which the SVG keyboard doesn't seem to support, but I could use the layout change button for that, like this layout does for numbers and symbols. :)

By the way, I have a suggestion for the packaging of the SVG keyboard:

I think it would be a good idea to move the default layout set to a subdir (like the other included layout), and use Debian's alternatives system for selecting which layout set to use.

That way, I wouldn't have to replace the layout from my backup whenever the SVG keyboard package is updated or reinstalled, and users can select which layout set they want to use on their system.

-Frode