I would think that using the Imail database is easy since it is a known format
in the registry.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Daniel Ivey" <d...@gcrcompany.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:10am
To: community@mailsbestfriend.com
Subject: [MBF] Re: What email software are you using?

Don,

We are in the process of moving from Imail 8.22 to SmarterMail and I must
say that SmarterMail is very easy to get adjusted to coming from an older
version of Imail.  It requires much less attention than our old Imail
servers and their support is helpful as well.

I will warn you though, that for us we have done a slow migration and ran
into one issue with the Imail converter that SmarterMail has for moving
domains, password and mailboxes over from Imail.  With our version of Imail,
the tool will not work properly.  SM is working on a custom build solution
for us for this problem, but in the meantime, I have been manually adding
the domains and accounts, then using the built-in mailbox migration tool to
move over customers, one at a time.  This is a bit of a pain, especially if
a domain has a ton of accounts, but so far so good.  This is only applicable
if the domain uses the Imail database, not Active Directory.

Best of luck to you if you decide to go the SM route.  I will be glad to
help in any way possible if you need it, but you should be fine.

Daniel