Hi,
we are coming closer...

I had a short meeting to discuss placement of some components today.
For example the position of the two LEDs is not easy to determine because
they are tilted a little.

But the whole GTA04 design is more complex than they thought, so that
they had much more work than planned to program the Siplace system.
This was intersting to see.

Basically they have a CAD system where they read in the Gerber files
and overlay Pick&Place positions and component packages. Components
can be shifted and rotated manually if needed. This is automatically
replicated for a multiple panel.

I have already seen the boxes with all components. Those are tempered
tonight and tomorrow they do the setup. Depending on how long it needs,
they can start tomorrow. Or Monday latest.

All this means they are again behind schedule. But not much and we can
be happy to have someone who produces so small quantities for us with
such elaborated machinery. And they have already produced many OpenPandora
devices so they know how to solder the PoP chips.

Anyways I will take a camera with me tomorrow so that I can show some
scenes from setting up GTA04 production then.

It remains thrilling :)

BR,
Nikolaus