Hi,

> Am 19.12.2017 um 18:51 schrieb Neil Jerram <n...@ossau.homelinux.net>:
>
> On 19/12/17 09:57, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> What you should do: update your U-Boot in NAND.
>>
>> To do this, use makesd gta04 / makesd gta04a5 to format
>> a "production image" SD card (dual partition). Insert
>> into your GTA04, press the AUX button and insert the
>> battery. This will flash the new U-Boot into NAND
>> (red screen) and from that moment on you have this new
>> feature in your U-Boot and can use the SD card for other
>> things.
>
> Please could give us a reference to more detailed instructions for doing
> this?  I'm sorry, it's a while now since I last worked on my GTA04, but I am
> very interested to get this improvement in place, so many thanks to you and
> Andreas.

Ok, let's try (I hope I did not forget anything):

1. get an µSD card yo do not need otherwise with at least 2GB
2. plug into some SD card reader on a Linux host
   a recent Debian or Ubuntu is recommended
   It could even be the GTA04 if you manage to connect the SD reader through
OTG and set up WLAN
   I currently use the OMAP5432EVM with Letux-OS
3. find out which device name the SD card has (usually something like /dev/sdb)
4. follow instructions at http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-makesd/

        wget -O makesd
"http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-makesd.git;a=blob_plain;hb=HEAD;f=makesd";
        chmod +x makesd

5. run (change /dev/sdb to your SD card reader if needed) as root

        DEV=/dev/sdb makesd gta04

   or

        DEV=/dev/sdb makesd gta04a5

6. Insert µSD into your GTA04
7. press the AUX button and keep pressed
8. insert the battery (well, it should have been charged a little before)
9. GTA04 should boot and the screen should turn red after some seconds
10. take out battery and install your old µSD card (if you had one)
11. boot as usual
12. wipe out the µSD for reflashing if you do not want to store it

If anything fails, please cry for help :)

BR and good luck,
Nikolaus