Hi,
here is first progress and an update:

* I have back-ported most of the DT-kernel patches to the Wheezy version
  so that touchscreen and other components are working now:
  http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-qtmoko.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/wheezy
* Theme packages are now also provided (they were built but not copied
  from the build to the download server). See:

http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/debian/dists/jessie/main/binary-all/?C=M;O=D
* I have fixed an annoying compile warning
* I have tried to flash QtMoko/Jessie to NAND but it seems to be 1-2% too big :)
  But we can certainly strip off e.g. man pages...
* The Wheezy image is small enough.
  Here is a Quick HowTo for the really brave and fearless tester:
  1. DEV=/dev/sdb ./makesd qtmoko -r
http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/20180224-wheezy-7.11-armhf-qtmoko.tbz
  2. boot
  3. log into some console (RS232/USB+Ethernet/Terminal)
  4. cd /root; ./flash-nand
  But it does not boot for me (looks as if Debian tries to fsck the ubifs
NAND...)

Some words about how I have setup the build process:

* I have checked out the git repo on my workstation for easy editing by known
tools
* my workstation has an Ethernet connection to an OMAP5432EVM (or USB to a
PocketBone)
* rsync and ssh are used to send the files to the EVM and start the build
process in a chroot
* build results (.deb .dsc, .tgz) are pulled through ssh to the workstation
* if everything goes well, they are uploaded to the Goldelico download server
  and the Debian repository index is rebuilt
* finally, prepackes binaries for makesd are created on the download server

A build (with ccache filled) takes approx. 180-200 minutes on the OMAP5.

BR,
Nikolaus