Hi,
we did hunt a while for a big bug in the kernel.
It was a little flaky and random but the main
symptom was a kernel NULL pointer panic in
strcmp().

The result was that the GTA04 (and also the Pyra)
did not continue to boot properly. Sometimes it
came to a login: but then several drivers were
missing.

After hunting down the bug it was not a device
driver but a race and dangling pointer problem
in the pincontrol subsystem.

Now we got some patches from the maintainer and
the problem seems to have disappeared.

Well, has it or hasn't is?

We can only answer by testing. And the more testers
we have, the better and faster the testing is.

This is where we need you to try to boot with
the latest 4.17.2 kernel:

http://download.goldelico.com/letux-kernel/letux-4.17.2/

and report bugs and issues.

And if you happen to own a BeagleBoard, BeagleBone
or Udoo neo or other board supported by Letux OS,
please try as well. And if you know someone with
such a board, please invite them.

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus