I think Fernvale has/had communication issues.  I watched the 31C3
talk that bunnie gave about the Fernvale project, and a lot of the
surrounding documentation that I could fine, and it never occurred to
me that a fernvale development board is something that I could buy.

The apparent Fernvale homepage [1] doesn't even mention that you can
buy devkits from sysmocom.

After watching the 31C3 talk I kept expecting to see a kickstarter or
similar launch to get a bunch of pre-orders for dev boards but that
never appeared to happen.

Maybe this is just my perspective as an outsider, but to me it appears
that the Fernvale effort needs some sort of web presence that provides
a clear roadmap, leadership, and straightforward documentation on how
to get involved.  The impression I get from the current documentation
is "a bunch of people are working on this really interesting project,
stay tuned for its release!"

[1] - https://www.kosagi.com/w/index.php?title=Fernvale_Main_Page