First of all, congratulations with the progress!

Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2019-05-21 10:22:50)
> BTW, here is another trick: You may (not) know that LetuxOS images
> created by makesd come rooted. This means you can simply ssh as root
> into the device without password check. This is quite helpful for
> developers and debugging.

A password-less network-accesible backdoor maybe unknown to the system
owner sounds dangerous to me: I recommend documenting that very clearly
(at least) everywhere passwords are currently menioned in documentation.

> On a very general view, we have achieved a lot, but still not enough
> to get the LetuxOS eco-system into a self-sustaining mode. What is
> lacking?
>
> * users are missing because software is not good enough for daily use
> * hardware is missing because potential users complain about missing
>   high-quality software
> * developers to polish the software are missing, because of missing
>   (new) hardware
>
> You see the vicious circle? Ideas how to magically break it?

Contributing as certified OSHW your own work on designing hardware helps
encourage developers contributing to getting the devices supported in
mainline linux and u-boot.

Getting bootloader and kernel code mainlined encourage distributors
integrate and maintain support the the devices in their distributions.

Having devices supported in distributions helps users prioritize the
devices over other (lesser free) options available to them.

 - Jonas