Salamu Alaykum Safiah,

It's great to hear that you have found the Quranic Arabic Corpus
useful. At the moment, there are two ongoing projects for grammatical
annotation. Each of these projects aims to build a machine-readable
database of annotation, which can then be searched.

1. Morphology. This will determine the correct part-of-speech for each
word (noun, verb, ...) as well as case endings and verb moods
(majroor, marfoo3, etc), together with many other morphological tags.

2. Syntactic Treebank. This will be the full i'raab for each verse in
the Quran, in a machine readable database, encoded using dependency
grammar.

There are 77,430 words in the Quran. So far, the Morphology project
covers the entire Quran, but the Syntactic Treebank only covers about
11,000 words.

Morphology: http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp
Syntactic Treebank: http://corpus.quran.com/treebank.jsp

If you want to perform a morphological search (e.g. part-of-speech),
you can use the morphological search page:
http://corpus.quran.com/morphologicalsearch.jsp

However, if as you indicate you need to perform a search for a
particular syntactic structure, then I am afraid that type of search
will only really be possible when the syntactic Treebank project
completes, and covers all verses of the Quran. Inshallah, this will be
later this year. Once the entre syntax of the Quran has been entered
into a structured database, this type of search will be possible.

I would be interested to know, what type of search did you have in
mind? Can you give an example? It still might be possible to do, it
depends on exactly what type of syntactic structure you are looking
for. Please feel free to reply to the mailing list
(comp-quran@comp.leeds.ac.uk).

Kind Regards,

- Kais Dukes

Language Research Group