Salamu Alaykum,

Hello All. We are hoping to soon release a new version of the Quranic
Arabic Corpus (version 0.21). Major highlights in this release include
an extended treebank, improved linguistic annotation, and the first
version of pronoun resolution for key chapters of the Quran. An
informal list of new planned features here can be found here:
http://kaisdukes.wordpress.com/category/quranic-arabic-corpus.

As part of this release, we would really like to see the grammar
documentation section extended. These online annotation guidelines are
useful not only to ensure consistency in the word-by-word grammar
pages, but also allow new visitors of the site to get an overview of
key topics. We would like to extend an open invitation for submissions
to the annotation guidelines. Would you be interested in putting
together a brief 1 or 2 page write-up on a particular topic in Quranic
grammar? For example, here is an interesting page on gender:
http://corpus.quran.com/documentation/gender.jsp

Here is another example page, on the different semantic usages of the
prefix alif in the Quran:
http://corpus.quran.com/documentation/particlealif.jsp

If you have a small amount of time, it would be great to get a write
up on an interesting topic! Some ideas for this (but not limited to):

- An explanation of Arabic roots for beginners (trilateral and
quadrilateral radicals)
- Brief summary of Arabic verb patterns (wazn and masdar)
- A table explaining verb forms I to XII (we annotate these forms on
the corpus, but we don't have any documentation on them online)
- The difference between harf tafseer and harf madsadree

It would be great for others with knowledge on these topics to
contribute even a little bit to this. Feel free to submit a write up
to me directly: k...@kaisdukes.com

You don’t even have to write up something too long. Even a couple of
paragraphs on a key topic would be great, although a strong preference
is for submissions to include references to well-accepted literature.
Don’t feel limited to the above topics; anything is more than welcome.
We can also extend the existing documentation pages here:
http://corpus.quran.com/documentation/grammar.jsp, so feel free to
include new notes on an existing topic as well. If you feel like
writing something, please drop me an e-mail, and we can talk about it
further. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,

-- Kais Dukes

Language Research Group
School of Computing