Hi and thanks for the reply, Andy:

Yes, I do have the energy saver control panel. And the monitor shuts down
about five or so minutes of standing still. Except that with 7.5, I thought
that there was an actual sleep function. You know, the options that appear
on a window when you press the power button for half a second ‹ restart,
sleep, cancel, and shutdown? I thought that with my OS upgraded to 7.5, I
would have that. Except that I don't.

But in any case, thanks for answering my questions. I might as well install
a screen saver, as suggested by another lister.

Robert

on 9/11/03 15:00, Compact Macs at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> How did you install 7.5? Did you do the default installation from
> original diskettes or did you just copy the system files from another
> machine? As far as I am aware, a default installation will install the
> energy saver control panel with which you can set the time you have to
> wait for the CC's monitor to go to sleep. If you are missing this
> control panel you could maybe hunt it down on Apple's ftp site.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
Being gloomy is easier than being cheerful. Anybody can say "I've got
cancer" and get a rise out of a crowd. But how many of us can do five
minutes of good stand-up comedy?
And worrying is less work than doing something to fix the worry. This is
especially true if we're careful to pick the biggest possible problems to
worry about. Everybody wants to save the earth; nobody wants to help Mom do
the dishes.
‹ P. J. O'Rourke, All the Trouble in the World