Geraint Searle - Web wrote:

Q1) Which version of Dantz Retrospect would work with the following setup ;

Apple Macintosh IIci with 128Mb & 2.0GB SCSI running Mac OS7.6.1 in
conjunction with an external HP Surestore DAT8 Drive (HP C1533A)

I think it should be Dantz Retrospect v4.0, although I am still awaiting a
reply from Dantz on this.

Q2) Does anyone, know where to obtain this software on CD ? (Already looked
on Ebay & ALL are Express version or 4.3 version - Which I think is no good
for my setup)

Hi Geraint.

I know squat about Retrospect but I can send you a copy of Redux2.6.2(68k) 262k to try?

Quote MUGWump of Mac n Dos:
Redux Backup 2.6.2; originally commercial now freeware; full HD backup only (but will update previous backups without backing up
everything again); spans media; separate 68K/FAT/PPC versions; no
compare or verify function, no file compression; small, so can fit on
almost anything. Decent basic backup program.

Dantz Retrospect Express Backup 4.3; commercial; backs up files in any
configuration you want; does "smart" incremental backup; spans media;
verifies backup; does file compression; doesn't specify processor
support but does support System 7.0-9.x, so it may support 68K Macs.
(The current version supports OS 9.x-X.x.) Full package even comes
with a Windows version!

Mugzies comments are his alone. ;) He mentions something about "Central Point Backup" but I've never seen or tried it.