Antonio Rodríguez wrote:
This isn't a swap list. This is a mailing list about compact Macintoshes
(all the Macs that have the same compact design and form factor as the
original 128k). The point is that now we're allowing trade on monays. But
all the seven days of the week (including mondays!) the main conversation
theme are the on-topic Macs: problems, questions, suggestions, oddities,
collectionism, etc. Feel free to peek at the list archive and get an image
of what's going on here! :-)

Greetings,

Antonio Rodríguez

martin ha escrito:

excuse me, but let me see if I understand how things are now:

1: this is a swap list for Compact Macs & peropherals only.

2: we may post sales or wants only on Monday (local time).

so, my question is, what might one post on the other 6 days of the week?

Are those days for reading posts only?  Or does this apply only to
Sales and Wants, meaning Swaps / Free Stuff may be posted at any time?

Well I guess you need one voice that wont agree.

This isn't a swap list, never was and has been actively discouraged in the past.

Monday is nothing but a word, "Monday" will be a 48 hour day then add those on digest. How long before its all week or will we just get more reminders when someone posts outside Monday?

These posts are to be prefixed in the subject line with FS or WTB or WTS so they can be filtered? I'm a long way away and have no interest in paying for classic macs, any thing required is easier sourced locally. Australia is not a big Mac market still its hard not to find what your after through traditional routes, I see no need for salls and wonts on this list on that point. I would imagine the European and US markets are way bigger.

I'll only mention the bad ebay sellers as a topic thats passed through here, wouldn't like the same to happen to a list member. I don't wont "bad seller" reports coming from a sale from the list.
Can't say I'm interested in the "how much for" and "is this ok to list for sale here?" questions that will follow. You know they will and I quote > Be honest; doesn't it take a lot LESS time to simply ask the list a question?

This isn't a swap list. This is a mailing list about compact Macintoshes (all the Macs that have the same compact design and form factor as the original 128k). That is what I subbed to, not a buy, swap and sell list for one or 7 days of the week, nor do I see any reason to change anything more than the US sale rule restricting listers to one ad per year. This could be changed without a didicated day with little disruption to the list. There is or was atleast one trader on these lists who always made it clear that he had bits for sale without so many words, the same approach would be better than a day for some lister to flog their warez then not be heard from until next time

Weekends are generally the quitest days for this list.

Just a couple of points for the way I see this mac community, god knows I've listened to some of yours in the past. ;) Your list of rules cover most points Stuart, I hope it works well.

Cheers