Ovid wrote:
----- Original Message ----
From: Colin Guthrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

All I can say is that Skydome is workign for me on compiz-quinnstorm from a few days ago. I have a similar sized background image and am using Twinview on dual monitors.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

No worries.  That's actually very helpful because I'm also using Twinview so I
have hope that I can get it to work.

What size image are you using?  Could that be related?

And I know very little about compiz so I don't know what compiz-quinnstorm is.
Could this be related?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ file Pictures/skymap26md.png
Pictures/skymap26md.png: PNG image data, 2048 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced

Quinnstorm is a community semi-fork of the "vanilla" compiz. It's got lots more plugins that are experimental/don't fit perfectly into compiz's development plan (e.g. it has Xinerama support that I'd expect would be invaluable for you running Twinview. Certainly without it, I'm driven up the wall! - note that you'll need a patched Xgl too tho').

If you are using debian or Mandriva Cooker (my flavour) then you'r find pre-built packages of each.

Have a look over at www.compiz.net forums and you should find info about e.g. Drapper repositories etc. or Raw CVS access if you want to roll your own (I did that for a long time!).

Hope that helps.

Col