On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 02:54 +1100, Arif Lukito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been following the list for a few months but this just my first
> post to the list. I've just started to use compiz again a few days ago
> and I have a few things (probably bugs) here that bugged me a little
> bit. I am not sure whether the bugs is in compiz or somewhere else so it
> would be nice if someone could confirm them. Here they are:
>
> - on default window decoration the maximize and minimize buttons have an
> unwanted black decoration on mouse over. Screenshots:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/maximize.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/minimize.jpg

Nvidia driver issue.

> - double clicking on titlebar sometimes put window at weird state (see
> screenshot), single click anywhere put window on maximize state.
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/epiphany.png
> I tried it with epiphany, rhythmbox and evolution.

Never seen that happen, I can't reproduce it on any of my systems.

> - button sometimes has incomplete border. Screenshot:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/rhythmbox.png
> It's hard to reproduce but I have a better chance to reproduce it with
> rhythmbox and with a fresh login. Here are the steps to reproduce:
> 1. click play button and don't release it
> 2. move the cursor out of the button
> 3. release the click
> 4. move the cursor back to the button
> I do see it sometimes with epiphany's close tab button.

Probably a nvidia driver issue. Has definitely nothing to do with
compiz.

> - with some metacity themes, window with no title has a title bar looks
> like this:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/decoration.png
> The problem is the themes use title_height to calculate the height of
> the gradient. However metacity doesn't have a problem with this.

OK, that seems like a gtk-window-decorator issue. I'll look into this.

> - with Gilouche window decoration, windows cannot be resized from right
> edge. This probably bug in Gilouche but I've checked the theme's xml
> file and found nothing wrong with it.

Seems like that's also a gtk-window-decorator issue.

> - Alt-PrintScrn doesn't capture window decoration. This probably the
> same with why switcher doesn't show window decoration.

Problem in screenshot utility, it relies on windows being re-parented
into frame windows and compiz doesn't do that.

> - The last one probably minor. The decoration in metacity and compiz is
> a little bit different. Screenshot:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/metacity-compiz.png
> That's with Gilouche theme. Look at the grey gradient on the right edge,
> in metacity the gradient stops half way but in compiz the gradient is
> drawn as a solid line and it goes down to the bottom.

Yes, this is a known issue. Metacity theme support in
gtk-window-decorator is not complete yet. As mentioned before, the
window border sides are not yet rendered correctly.

> So as I mentioned I'd like someone to confirm them and if any of the
> bugs is known please say so and point me to bugzilla entry if there is
> one. Oh and one more thing what is title wave in water plugin, I can't
> make it works.

You can file the two issues I mentioned as gtk-window-decorator issues
to bugzilla.

-David