On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 01:26:43AM +0100, David Reveman wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 11:20 +0100, gandalfn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >     In my ubuntu packages, to compiz work properly on AiGLX and for
> > performance issue i continue to apply two patchs of Kristian Høgsberg :
> >
> > http://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/compiz-on-aiglx/compiz-patches/06-glfinish.patch
> > http://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/compiz-on-aiglx/compiz-patches/02-tfp-server-extension.patch
>
> I've found the reason to why the glfinish patch made a difference (typo
> in makeScreenCurrent). Let me know if compiz head doesn't fix this
> problem.

I applied commit fa8fa641bd820d16cb2b2923d0af2f230ed43ac4 to my local compiz
0.3.4 package (replacing the glfinish patch) and it's working beautifully.
Thanks!

> btw, 06-glfinish.patch is bad because it calls glFinish after drawing a
> frame, basically blocking compiz from doing any work until the server
> and gfx hw is done with all rendering. The main loop in compiz calls
> glFinish before drawing a new frame instead, this way we block only when
> necessary.

Things definitely seem to be noticeably snappier with your fix.

> tfp-server-extension patch doesn't make sense to me, it must be client
> side libGL issues.

The tfp patch is still needed here. (Debian sid, xorg 7.1, mesa 6.5.1,
foss radeon driver 6.6.3)

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]