On Dec 30, 06 19:13:05 -0800, Deni Jelicic wrote:
> I have recently upgraded to Opensuse 10.2 from 10.1
> and all the changes that I am making in gconf have no
> effect on compiz. I am running compiz as a window
> manager in kde and I have followed the instructions
> for running compiz in Opensuse 10.2.

compiz is started with the dbus configuration plugin now when running
kde. Unfortunately, right now there doesn't seem to be a configuration
utility using dbus :-O

I personally think the change has been a bit premature, given that it's
basically a big regression right now. You can try
  compiz --replace gconf
in order to use the gconf configuration plugin again. But be warned, the
intel driver (or Mesa) currently has a bug that renders this unusable.
It should work fine with nvidia and fglrx, though.

So choosing kwin and replacing compiz by Autostart is probably a better
idea right now.

> Does anyone now how to fix this so compiz relies on
> gconf without putting compiz in autostart directory.

This is AFAIK not supported in kde.

> Have a happy new year everyone !!!

Same to you :)

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         [EMAIL PROTECTED]